Text "COVKIDS" to (832) 219-1770 to get on Ms. Patricia's text list.
Covenant's In-Person Children's Ministry
Children hold a special place in our church family. We want them to be seen, get involved, and get to know people of all ages.
Infants (6 Weeks) TO Pre-K
On Sundays, loving nursery care is available throughout the entire service for infants, toddlers and Pre-K. Our nursery staff are consistent, experienced, CPR-trained, and background-checked so you can be sure that your little ones are in excellent hands.
Elementary-aged kids begin and end worship with their families as at Covenant we believe it's important for kids to gradually learn to participate in "big" worship. During the sermon time, the kids will be dismissed and escorted to The Cove for a special time of fun, discovery, and learning. There they will gather with other students their age so they can learn about God's word at their own pace and level.
Partnering with you
We understand that kids have different needs. If your child prefers to remain with you during worship, he or she is welcome to do so.
We'll be happy to discuss any special concerns regarding your child. We're eager to partner with you in your child's success at Covenant.
What to expect your first time with us
First, visit our COVkids check-in desk. There we will meet your family, enter your child into our system, and answer any questions you may have.
Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child's name
- Child's birthdate
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
How check-in works
Infants, Toddlers & Preschool
- You will check-in at the COVkids desk to receive both a printed nametag and a security tag.
- Verify the phone number listed on the nametag as we will use this number to text you during service if necessary.
- Place the nametag on your child’s back and keep the security tag with you for pick up.
- Socks, only, are to be worn in the classroom areas. Clean socks are available upon request.
- Place any items your child might need in a tub. No diaper bags, please.
- A family member will escort your child to their classroom.
- Upon pick-up, show your security tag to the childcare worker at the front desk.
Infants (6 weeks-24 months) • Room 1
Toddlers (2-3 years old) • Room 4
Preschool (4-5 years old) • Room 5
- All K-5 children who plan to participate in COVkids MUST check-in at the COVkids’ desk.
- K-5 children will start in worship with their families and will be dismissed to COVkids during the worship service.
- Adult helpers will escort them to The Cove for assembly and class time.
- K-5 children will return to their families for the conclusion of the worship service.
- Please ensure your child uses the restrooms in the Commons before service. We have limited time with the children and want to make the most of our time together.
K-2nd grade • Room 2
3rd-5th grade • Room 3
Covenant's Online Children's Ministry
COVkids online remains available every Sunday for those children worshiping virtually.
Indoor Playground is closed until further notice.
Please be advised that in an effort to reduce the spread of germs and keep children healthy, the indoor playground "open play" hours have been suspended until further notice. We look forward to opening our playground back up to the community as soon as we can.
Meet our Children's Director
Patricia Scott has been with Covenant since it's beginning having previously served as a Children’s Director at churches in College Station and in North Houston. She is a former high school and elementary school teacher and taught for 10 years in Bryan, College Station and Conroe ISDs.
Patricia is a 1994 graduate of Texas A&M University. She and her husband Chris have three children: Beau, Kayla, and Jake. Her family currently resides in the Village of Creekside Park. She shares a passion for children and teaching and feels blessed to be called to serve God at Covenant.
If you have further questions or comments concerning our CovKids experience, or if you'd like to volunteer with us, simply fill out the form below.